Willy Bietak Productions is one of the leaders in Real Ice Portable Rinks. We Produce and operate Ice Rinks, Shows and a wide range of Entertainment Productions around the world.
Bietak Productions is currently seeking a Manager for our 2017-18 Union Square Ice Rink in San Francisco.
Our managers must have exceptional communication skills, work well with others, understand effective time management, make quick responsible decisions, and ensure the highest level of safety and World Class Customer Service.
Manager’s responsibilities include; cleanliness of the rink and surrounding area, safety for employees and guests, efficient operations and overall aesthetic appearance of the entire rink. Managers are responsible for appropriate hiring, training, and management of all employees, including Assistant Managers and Rink Host positions in the Box Office, Skate Shop, and On the Ice., Managers are often required to work unusual hours and on weekends, evenings, PR events and holidays.
Work may include, but is not limited to the following day-to-day operations:
- Finance – accountable for all monies and assets of the venue, daily closeout reports, daily records of transactions, deposits, tills, expense reports, receipts, and prepare reports.
- Personnel – Interview, hire and manage employees. Perform performance appraisals for rink personnel. Maintain employee records on rink personnel and document employee interviews and or coaching meetings (complimentary and disciplinary).
- Operations – Monitor and maintain the rink area, skate change area, grounds, Zam area, and skate shop. Potential problems should be resolved quickly.
- Staffing – Scheduling of all employees.
- Media – Will work closely with the Rink PR personnel in all promotional events.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the maintenance & quality of the ice, resurfacing and edging as necessary.
- Identify and prioritize repair and maintenance needs.
- Monitor housekeeping supplies on hand, procuring additional supplies when needed.
- Responsible for all safety items within the rink area and all safety equipment.
- Lead, manage and unite your Team and get the most out of employee development.
Previous Management Experience
Entertainment or Sports Related Experience
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Word, Excel Etc.
Commitment of the entire Season October 16, 2017 – January 19, 2018
Passing Background Screening
Box Office and or Online Ticketing Experience a plus
Ice Skating and or previous Ice Rink Management experience desired but may not be required.
Salary commensurate on experience.
ALL POSITIONS ARE CONSIDERED FULL-TIME TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT.
For consideration please send resume and letter of introduction to:
We are currently interviewing for a few select candidates for the position of Ice Rink/Refrigeration Technician in the Los Angeles and San Francisco area. Candidates must have basic refrigeration knowledge and be willing to travel.
Rink Technicians may be required to work unusual hours, days, weekends, evenings, PR events and holidays. Rink Technicians responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and monitoring the refrigeration unit.
- Maintaining the quality of ice and resurfacing, flooding and edging as necessary.
- Monitor ice thickness, ice level, temperature of the ice. Maintain an adequate supply of fuels, oils, sharpening blades and emergency parts and accessories.
- Demonstrate a high degree of skill in operation of ice resurfacing machine and other rink equipment.
- Identify and prioritize repair and maintenance needs.
- Monitor supplies on hand, procuring additional supplies when needed.
ALL POSITIONS ARE CONSIDERED TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT DUE TO THE FACT THIS IS A SEASONAL ICE SKATING VENUE.
Season: September through February. Locations include Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Send resume to: Ron Napolitano – Ron@bietakproductions.com
We are currently interviewing candidates for a seasonal position for our portable ice rink and warehouse operations in the Inland Empire.
Candidates must be in good physical condition, poses a valid driver’s license, have a clean D.M.V. record, and be able to pass a drug test. Experience in the following is preferred but not required: Refrigeration, Welding, Carpentry and Mechanics.
You must be able to read, write and speak English. You may be required to work unusual hours, days, weekends, evenings, and holidays and be willing to travel.
- Basic Warehouse, Forklift
- Heavy lifting and work in outdoor conditions
- Drive various types of vehicles
- Carpentry, Plumbing, Electrical, Painting, and Machine work
- Help maintain and monitor refrigeration units.
- Maintain the quality of the ice, resurfacing, flooding and edging as necessary.
- Monitor the condition of the ice, thickness level, and temperature.
- Maintain equipment and inventory of supplies.
- Work well as a team and individually.
THIS IS A FULL TIME SALARY POSITION.
Please send resume to: Gabriel Barajas – Gabriel@bietakproductions.com
“Holiday Ice Rinks” are back and ready to Hire! We have Rinks all around the Los Angeles and San Francisco Area
We are Interviewing for Rink Hosts & Hostesses who will be assisting guests with their Skate Rental and while they are On the Ice. Must be able to skate !
Also interviewing Cashiers to join our Team.
To apply, email : Robert@bietakproductions.com
Rinks Open November 1, 2017 through January 15, 2018.
We have flexible hours and great working conditions!
- Locations: Los Angeles, CA, Long Beach, CA & San Francisco, CA
The rinks are owned and operated by Willy Bietak Productions Inc.
Former U.S. competitor finds groove as show skater on cruise ships
Posted by Lois Elfman, special to icenetwork
After medaling nationally at the novice, junior and senior levels, assembling an impressive international resume, competing at the world championships and being an Olympic alternate, Brandon Mroz decided to step away from competitive skating. He soon found his niche aboard Royal Caribbean cruise ships, skating in the ice shows produced by Willy Bietak Productions. He’s just started his fourth contract, a six-month gig on the newest ship, Harmony of the Seas. Icenetwork caught up with Mroz and asked him how show skating agrees with him.
New Production scheduled to debut 4th quarter 2017 is planning to feature music from such Broadway hits as, American in Paris, The Color Purple, Hamilton, Jersey Boys and Classic musicals including Phantom of The Opera, West Side Story, Chicago and A Chorus Line.
Santa Monica, CA ##/##/#### – Willy Bietak Productions announced today its world famous long running Broadway on Ice Musical spectacle will celebrate its 30th Anniversary year in 2017.
A San Francisco holiday tradition in the heart of Union Square, the Safeway Holiday Ice Rink in Union Square presented by Alaska Airlines offers fun-seekers of all ages a magical adventure beginning on November 2, 2016. From families to friends, and couples to colleagues, everyone can enjoy ice skating in San Francisco’s iconic plaza surrounded by festive lights and the sights and sounds of the season. Novices and naturals, alike, will love the outdoor ice skating experience in the middle of beautiful San Francisco.
CASTING IS CLOSED FOR THIS SHOW
Sunday, January 15th
Pershing Square Ice Rink
Time: 9:00 am – 10:00 AM
LIVE AUDITIONS in San Francisco, CA
Monday, January 16th (Martin Luther King Day)
Union Square Ice Rink
Time: 9:00 – 10:00 AM
Hope to see you there for your chance at joining our award winning shows!
IAAPA Brass Ring Award – Willy Bietak Productions was recognized for another prestigious worldwide award for one of our ice shows.
Hong Kong Ocean Park was awarded the IAAPA BRASS RING AWARD for the MOST CREATIVE SPORTS SHOW for our co- production – KALEIDOSCOPE Ice Spectacular!!
The International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) presents the prestigious Brass Ring Awards marking achievements of excellence throughout the global attractions industry to honor excellence in food and beverage, games and retail, human resources, live entertainment, marketing, new products, and family entertainment centers.…Continue Reading IAAPA Brass Ring Award