Willy Bietak Productions is one of the leaders in Real Ice Portable Rinks. We Produce and operate Ice Rinks, Shows and a wide range of Entertainment Productions around the world.
Bietak Productions is currently seeking a Manager for our 2017-18 Union Square Ice Rink in San Francisco.
Our managers must have exceptional communication skills, work well with others, understand effective time management, make quick responsible decisions, and ensure the highest level of safety and World Class Customer Service.
Manager’s responsibilities include; cleanliness of the rink and surrounding area, safety for employees and guests, efficient operations and overall aesthetic appearance of the entire rink. Managers are responsible for appropriate hiring, training, and management of all employees, including Assistant Managers and Rink Host positions in the Box Office, Skate Shop, and On the Ice., Managers are often required to work unusual hours and on weekends, evenings, PR events and holidays.
Work may include, but is not limited to the following day-to-day operations:
- Finance – accountable for all monies and assets of the venue, daily closeout reports, daily records of transactions, deposits, tills, expense reports, receipts, and prepare reports.
- Personnel – Interview, hire and manage employees. Perform performance appraisals for rink personnel. Maintain employee records on rink personnel and document employee interviews and or coaching meetings (complimentary and disciplinary).
- Operations – Monitor and maintain the rink area, skate change area, grounds, Zam area, and skate shop. Potential problems should be resolved quickly.
- Staffing – Scheduling of all employees.
- Media – Will work closely with the Rink PR personnel in all promotional events.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the maintenance & quality of the ice, resurfacing and edging as necessary.
- Identify and prioritize repair and maintenance needs.
- Monitor housekeeping supplies on hand, procuring additional supplies when needed.
- Responsible for all safety items within the rink area and all safety equipment.
- Lead, manage and unite your Team and get the most out of employee development.
Previous Management Experience
Entertainment or Sports Related Experience
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Word, Excel Etc.
Commitment of the entire Season October 16, 2017 – January 19, 2018
Passing Background Screening
Box Office and or Online Ticketing Experience a plus
Ice Skating and or previous Ice Rink Management experience desired but may not be required.
Salary commensurate on experience.
ALL POSITIONS ARE CONSIDERED FULL-TIME TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT.
For consideration please send resume and letter of introduction to: